In the previous part, we showed you how to Share or Access computer using TeamViewer. Click here to read…
In this part, we will show you using Chrome Remote Desktop
Remote Connection Using Chrome Remote Desktop on Windows
Chrome Remote Desktop allows to access other computers or allow another user to access your computer securely over the Internet.
1. Download and install Chrome Remote Desktop from Chrome Web Store
2. Access it from Chrome App or directly searching it from Windows search
3. You will see something like this
4. Under Remote Assitance Section, Click on Get Started. You will see something like this
5. If you want to share your computer then click on Share. If you want to access someone else computer Click on Access
1. When you will click on Share it will ask you to download Chrome Remote Host App
2. Download the App and Install it
3. Click on Share and it will generate access code which you need to give to end user whom you want to share your computer. It will look something like this
1. Click on Access and enter the access code of the remote user whom you are assisting. It will look something like this
Note: After a certain interval of time the remote user will be asked to keep the connection active. If they will choose to remain active then you will remain connected otherwise, you will be disconnected. So it’s an attended access. Hence, the remote user has to be present at the remote side always during the connection or at least at the regular interval of time.
Also, it does not have Chat, Audio or Video Call options. And also one can only access Computer through Computer or Mobile but Mobile can’t be accessed through Computer or Mobile as of yet!
Chrome Remote Desktop is also available for Android and iPhone
Want to improve this how-to? Comment your suggestion or problem below!